Privacy Code Protecting your personal information is important to OFE. Like all companies, we require certain pieces of personal information in order to provide you with the best employment services possible. You can be assured that your privacy is being respected and that your confidential information is collected, used and protected appropriately. We have developed the following privacy code as our commitment to you.
1. Accountability - We are responsible for maintaining and protecting all personal information provided to OFE and we have designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable for our compliance to all 10 principles of the Federal Privacy Act.
2. Identifying Purposes - We will inform you what personal information will be used for before we collect it.
3. Consent - We require your knowledge and consent for collecting, using or disclosing any of your personal information, except where it is required or permitted by law.
4. Limiting Collection - We will limit the collection of personal information to those details required to offer effective employment services. OFE collects personally identifying information about you only when you specifically and knowingly provide it to us. This may include volunteering your information in person, via application form, email, phone, or by fax. Your personal information will be used to provide the best employment services possible.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention - We will use information only for the purpose that is intended upon collection, unless you consent otherwise, or where it is required or permitted by law. We will keep personal information only as long as required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. OFE will collect and disclose information from staff at Government of Manitoba Family Services and Housing, as per our funding agreement. OFE will collect and disclose appropriate information from employers. This could include forwarding resumes to assist you in obtaining employment, requesting confirmation of hours, pay, start date, and work performance.
6. Accuracy- We will keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date.
7. Safeguarding Your Information - We will protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use or modification with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. 8. Openness - We will make information available to you concerning our policies and practices for the management of your personal information.
9. Access - At your request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, and be given access to it. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and may request that it be amended.
10. Handling Complaints and Suggestions - If you have any questions or enquiries about our Privacy Code or practices, please contact the Privacy Officer.
Opportunities For Employment
300-294 Portage Ave
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0B9
Privacy Officer: Debbie Enns 9